Mr.
Had a TURP procedure, Dr. called with tissue results.
Said they found tumor cells and we need to come back for consult????
Does this mean cancer??of prostate
please respond
w.t.

dear wct: that would be my guess... dunno.. but I had prostate cancer in 2005 and had Proton Radiation treatments at Loma Linda Universty Medical in Loma Linda California.. if you do have it, its no real big problem... most of it is very treatable.  I personally feel Proton Radiation is the very best treatment today.. it has a 90% cure rate and little to no side effects... My psa is now .03 ... I was never sick or felt bad one day as a result of the treatments.  I have no side effects as a result of the cancer or the treatments..Every thing works just like it  did before I had the cancer... Proton Radiation is very different from conventional radiation...It doesnt have the side effects... There are now 5-6 places in the USA that offers Proton Radiation...Your doctor will likely not recommend it.. he is probably not trained to do it and the hospital will not have the equipment so he will want to treat you the way he is trained which may or may not be the best for you... If it turns out that  you do have prostate cancer and would like more information on Proton Radiation, just send me a message on here and ill be more than happy to help you.. I wish you the very best... hopefully you dont have it.. but if you do,its really not that big of a problem most of the time.. just do your home work and check out all the various treatments and be sure and find out the side effects and then make your own decision...I hope this helps... Claytex