POST PROSTATE SURGERY RADIATION
5 YEARS AGO I ELECTED TO HAVE ROBOTIC PROSTATE SURGERY WITH GOOD RESULTS. MY PSA AT THE TIME OF SURGERY WAS 11.5 W/GLEASON SCORE OF 7=4 3. MARGINS CAME BACK UNTRACEABLE 3 MONTS AFTER SURGERY. IN THE LAST 2 YRS I HAVE GONE FROM.0 TO.1, BACK TO .0, BACK TO .1 AND JUST LAST WEEK TO .2. MY DOCTOR WANTS ME BACK IN 3-4 MONTHS. IF PSA IS STILL AT.2 OR BETTER  WE SHOULD CONSIDER 4 WEEKS OF RADIATION THERAPY. HAS ANYBODY OUT THERE HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM. WILL I BE ABLE TO WORK & FUNCTION DURING THE PROCEDURE ? HOW ABOUT OTHER TREATMENTS SUCH AS HARMONE SHOTS OR OTHERS.
Hi Steve. 5 years is a good amount of time without a double! I see your age in the profile and can only say that I know 4 men that have had 7-8 weeks of rad. 5 days a week and had no problems working etc. It's like getting an xray every day. takes only a few minutes and many have it done on their lunch break. Many say that hormones @ the same time helps your chance of keeping the cancer sleeping. Testosterone fuels this disease and at your age it should be declining so the doctor is taking their time to decide. Some docs alternate rad. hormones and even chemo...even @ low p.s.a. #s like yours. Its usually a very slow growing process, and with some luck...lol....your gonna die from something else before this. good luck!