Post Postatectomy PSA & Prognosis
I am 81 years old and had a radical prostatectomy 20 years ago.  The pathologists said at that time that the cance had penetrated the capsule and therefore the cancer could recur.  Gleason Score 2.  My last psa showed a relatively large increase from 1.32 to 2.38.  I have been on flutamide and proscar for many years.  The exponential equation for my psa as a function of *** months elapsed since my surgery is:

PSA = 0.0198073*e^(0.0197176**** months).  This equation produces a predicted PSA of 4.48 after 48 months.

Another equation (sigmoidal) is:  y = 0.379+278.168*(1+ e^(339.363-x)/21.6396 .  This is an S- shaped curve.  My PSA appears to be on the steepest part of this curve.  For times 12, 24, and 48 months into the future, this curve or equation gives predicted PSAs of 3.17, 5.20,  and 14.51 respectively, significantly greater than those predicted by the exponential equation above.  What is the prognosis based on these PSA predictions?