Prostate Cancer Community
Post Prostate Surgery Pain Amost 1 Year Later
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Post Prostate Surgery Pain Amost 1 Year Later

My husband is still having pain when he urinates almost a year after his prostate surgery. He does not have cancer. He did have a super large prostate which totally blocked the flow of urine.  What's up? Any recommendations?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, pain needs to be differentiated from a discomfort due to obstruction. While pain could be caused by infections, inflammations, injuries, stones, erosions, ulcers etc.; an obstructive discomfort could mean a re-enlargement/ BPH. I would suggest consulting his urologist at this stage, for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
I do not know whether he had the same procedure as I did, which was bilateral Orchiedectomy with TURP. I was diagnosed earlier with Prostate Cancer following Biopsy. PSA was 12.2. 8 weeks later I still have considerable pain and sensatyion of burning during urination, and a feeling of BM which is even worse! The PSA is now 1.2.
I hope it helps to know he is not alone!!
tvs53
Blank
Hi! I come back to add to my comment of 07/11. Now ten weeks after TURP I can not say I am back to normal, but the pain, irritation and burning have come down a lot. Life is almost tolerable! I tried to keep down the acidity of Urine by swallowing four pills of Alu Hydroxide, alkaline  type antacid a day, and this seems to help. Alkaline Citrates too seem to relive the pain.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Prostate Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...