Prostate Assymetry/Nodule infection?
I am 57, a nodule or assymetrical prostate was found upon DRE exam.  4 years ago my first PSA  was 1.5,  on September last year it was 3.5, for a .43 increase per year.  
I have had anal sex with my girlfriend about 30 times in that period.  Could the nodule be due to infection and treated prior to deciding on a biopsy?
Could the use of a PCA3 gene marker test rule out cancer prior to autopsy?

I have had frequent urination at night and other times for at least 10 years.  When I was 20 a proctologist found that I had an enlarged prostate.  My father died of stroke at 73, but he had frequent urination problems years before that, he had a normal life till the stroke.  No other known family members with prostate cancer.

I am physically active, a few pounds overweight about 10.  Eat balanced, no alcohol, little caffeine.  

The anal sex may indeed predispose to infection. If the nodule represents swelling only, if you have other symptoms of infection - treatment could be initiated and then the biopsy decision can wait.

The biopsy is the only way of definitive diagnosis. This means, no matter how high the suspicion of cancer - this would still be done. There is no test as of yet to replace it.

The PSA is usually a guide as to when to do the biopsy. There is controversy though that it isn't very discriminating at levels below 4 (put another way, many men would undergo biopsy with these PSA values and subsequently found to have no cancer).PCA3 helps improve selection of who should or should not undergo biopsy. If it deems cancer unlikely - biopsy will not be recommended, it cannot rule out (or say for certain) that it isn't cancer.

I think you meant biopsy instead of autopsy.