Prostate Cancer Community
Prostate Cancer & Blood in Semen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Prostate Cancer & Blood in Semen

I've recently been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer.  Gleason score is 7, PSA is less than 10, and bone scan negative.  But would blood in my semen suggest it has spread to the seminal vesicles?
  Bone scan will almost always be negative  until well into the disease--Years !
You need to makle a decision on treatment imediately , THIS IS NOT a wartchful waiting foolishness  scenario . Forget about the small amount of blood , seminal vesical involvement or not you're stil on a curative curve ---don't delay . get to the best P.C. cancer specialist in your area  NOW !!!!

Certainly suggests a visit to your urologist.  When was biopsy done?  It could be bleeding from that procedure.  The problem with the Gleason score is that it doesn't reflect the aggressiveness of the tumor...once again in that gray zone of what to do?  Read the NYTimes articles on Prostate Cancer  that appeared some two years ago and the book entitled..."The Invasion of the Prostate Snatchers...."   good luck.....
Thank you for your reply.  The biopsy was done about 3 weeks ago and had the bone scan last week.  The blood in the semen was about a year or so ago and I was told at that time it wasn't anything to worry about.  I'm opting for radiation.