Prostate Cancer Community
Prostate Cancer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Prostate Cancer

This important family member is confused and needs advise, Doctor did biopsy and report attached in. We need to to get him treatment ASAP. Any advise if prostetectomy or radiation is the best way to go? Each treatment has side effects but we want to opt for best treatment. How fast does this cancer grow? Biopsy was done 2 weeks ago. When is the earliest to have treatment? Also what is report actually saying?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

I could not find the attached reports. The management is largely dependent on the stage/ grade of the cancer. The idea of a best treatment is a vague term since this tends to vary with each patient and is best discussed with the treating doctor.

Take care!
Blank
Thank you Dr.Kaul. I realize there indeed not best treatment. Attending MD has to decide when they see the patient. I know he has localized 4+3 and its 60% of gland. Treatment probably in Decemeber (3 months after biopsy). Is there any foods/diet best to follow while he waits for treatment?

Your wisdom is appreciated.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Prostate Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank