Prostate Cancer
My husband had radiation seed implants in 2010. His PSA continued to elevate. Scans and MRI indicate cancer has spread outside the prostate to the left seminal vesal.  However, a biopsy did not show cancer in seminal vesal. Doctor says the continued elevated PSA indicates cancer is "somewhere" and hormone therapy will be the next step. Does this sound correct
Hi and sorry about this. Yes it sounds correct. What was his Gleason score and what are his psa scores?
Dont worry as they have come a long way in curing this.
Thanks for responding. His Gleason score was 3+3.  His PSA went from 1.36, 1.55, 1.6, 2.1, 3.3 with the last five PSA testsnj.  Does not sound high but doc says is high due to the fact that is continues to rise after the seed implant. He is 71.
Well his Gleason score is quite low so his cancer is very slow and not aggresive. Just follow the doc advise and im sure he will make it to 100 no problem.
Thanks...makes me feel better