Prostate cancer questions post surgery
What should my PSA level be (ratio) 5 to 6 weeks after radical prostate removal?
When will I have erectile function again (man in early 50's) time frame is fine
What over the counter (if any) means (foods, vitamins, herbs etc) can I use to help with Ed issues
As stated I cannot get an erection after while trying with wife I did feel pleasure and actually ejaculated something (was not semen). What was it urine?
What are signs that my erectile function might be returning besides an erection?
Hi there. Usually PSA testing is done as part of follow up testing about 6 weeks after surgery. If the cancer is completely removed, the blood should show no detectable PSA level. Impotence or erectile dysfunction is common side effect after radical prostatectomy. The nerve sparing technique restores potency in men when tumor is localized. Of the two surgical techniques, these are nerve-sparing ones, unilateral prostatectomy can save the neurovascular nerve bundle and bilateral spares both. The erectile function returns in more than half who undergo the bilateral technique and about half for unilateral technique. Prostatectomy can also impair erectile function by altering blood flow to penis. Other determinants of post op impotence are, patient’s age, and prior sexual potency. It may take as long as a year for the function restoration. Your doctor could prescribe you sildenafil, to stimulate erection, penile injections and vacuum pumps help. It is only the ability to have erections rigid enough for intercourse that gets affected not the orgasm, or ability to enjoy sex. Orgasms post surgery is dry since seminal vesicles and prostate gland responsible for ejaculatory fluid are removed. Hope this helps. Take care.
Are there signs that erectile function is returning othe rthan an erection?