Prostate Cancer Community
Prostate problem
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Prostate problem

Good morning,
February 2011, I went for a Prostate Biopsy. Was not cancer.
July 2011, APS was 7.1.
October 2011, APS was 7.9 (I am not sure if I did hard jogging and sex 48 hrs before the blood test).
Urologist said to wait 3 more months for another APS test.

Why is this number growing?
What may be the next step?

Thank you,

George
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank

What made you go for a biopsy in the first place?  You mentioned two reasons for increase in PSA ... increase in  age and infection are two more.  I would retest before deciding to do anything else.  I would suggest reading the NYTimes health reports on Prostate Cancer and the book "The invasion of the Prostate Snatchers...."  education trumps lack of information.
Blank
Good morning,

February 2011, I went for a Prostate Biopsy. Was not cancer.
July 2011, APS was 7.1.
October 2011, APS was 7.9 (I am not sure if I did hard jogging and sex 48 hrs before the blood test).
Urologist said to wait 3 more months for another APS test.

Why is this number growing?
What may be the next step?
I also have heat waves the last around10 to 20mins at midnight while I am sleeping. Sometimes I wake up because of these heat waves as Menopause on Women.

Thank you,

George
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Prostate Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979