Prostate Cancer Expert Forum
Prostate problem

This forum is for questions about: Advanced or Metastatic Prostate Cancer, Biopsy, Bone Scan, Blood in Urine or Semen, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), CT Scan, Cystoscopy, Erectile Dysfunction, Hormone Therapy, Incontinence, Pain (abdomen, low back or hip), PSA Test, Prostatitis , Radiation Therapy, Rectal Exam, Recurrent Cancer, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging (Tumor size; Metastasis), Surgery, Transrectal Ultrasound, Urinary Difficulty or Burning, Urinary Urgency (Leaking), Watchful Waiting.

Prostate problem

Recently I had a prostate biopsy done on me.  I have had ED problems lately and I had my primary doctor done a series of blood test to determine a possible cause.  Everything was O.K. except for a PSA of 4.1.  The doctor said that was a little high for my age (41 years).  I had a second doctor recommend to have it done and I investigated it on the net and one of the symptoms of prostate cancer was ED so I had it done.  Well it turned out negative, but I still have my ED and now I'm afraid of even trying to get excited because of the bleeding.  I had blood in my urine for about 4-5 days and some in my stool for about the same amount of time but I get a lot of blood when I ejaculate.  The doctor did not say anything about having sex or masterbating (masturbating) so 3 days after the byopsy I masterbated and I was amazed to see so much blood.  I asked the doctor about the bleeding on my follow up appointment and he said that it was normal.  I waited another week before trying sex this time.  I was able to get erections with the help of viagra but when I ejaculated I bled again it seemed like a little less but it was still quite a lot.  Is this normal to bleed still 2 weeks after the byopsy or should I be concerned?
Bleeding after prostate biopsy is a common effect.  Blood in the urine and stool can last for a couple days, and should start clearing up after that.  Blood in the semen can last longer, sometimes up to six weeks.  As long as you are feeling well without fever/chills, or other symptoms, it may take a few more weeks before the blood in semen clears up.  I would not abstain from sexual interactions, however, give your body some time to recover before seeking further medical help about the ED.