Prostatitis symptoms while taking cipro
I am  a 43 year old male and have suffered from prostatitis symptoms. Pain on right side pressure in right groin area and feels like a golf ball putting pressure above right groin. Feverish chills but no real fever to speak of. Itchy. uncomfortable urination and frequency. Dr. prescribed 10 day supply of cipro and did not work. It did ease the symptoms. I am in the middle of a 21 day treatment of 500mg cipro. Symptoms went away for the first 9 days but had  mild symptoms return today. I also suffer from IBS symptoms. Is this typical for symptoms to return while taking cipro? I will continue my prescription and see what happens.
Hi there!

It is not typical for the symptoms to return while on the antibiotic course and could indicate a re-infection, inflammation, referred pain from other regions etc. I would suggest seeking a review with your treating urologist for appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!