Prostate Cancer Community
Prosttaitis or cancer ?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Prosttaitis or cancer ?

I have recently been to a doctor with the following symptoms

Passing water several times at night,Tenderness in pubic area and around the area between the testicles and anus.

In addition I have had a tenderness / bruising feeling in my backside just above the anus and spreading both sideways and up my lower back.

I am having difficulty walking with stiffness in my hips and lower back.

In addition to this I get intermittent pain in testicles and in the penis.

My Doctor did a PSA which came out at 0.3 and a DRE which he said showed an enlarged prostate.

I have been on Dioxcyline and Finestride for 2 months and no improvement.

I recently have noticed an enlarged Lymph node in my groin and am now concerned that I have prostate cancer.

I am 51 yo and there is a history of prostate enlargement in the family.

My Doctor has given me a 3 month course of the above tablets and indicated to go back after this

Could you please advise as to whether enlarged lymph nodes are a symptom of prostatitis or have I got prostate cancer