Prostate Cancer Expert Forum
Pulsing or throbbing pain in left testicle

This forum is for questions about: Advanced or Metastatic Prostate Cancer, Biopsy, Bone Scan, Blood in Urine or Semen, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), CT Scan, Cystoscopy, Erectile Dysfunction, Hormone Therapy, Incontinence, Pain (abdomen, low back or hip), PSA Test, Prostatitis , Radiation Therapy, Rectal Exam, Recurrent Cancer, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging (Tumor size; Metastasis), Surgery, Transrectal Ultrasound, Urinary Difficulty or Burning, Urinary Urgency (Leaking), Watchful Waiting.

Hello, I just started feeling a pulsing or throbbing pain in my left testicle earlier today.  The pain lasts about 2-4 seconds.  It does this every 30 seconds for some time...then it goes for several minutes without feeling the pain.  I'm a 32 year old.  There's no pain with urination or anything else.  There are no visible signs of redness or lumps.  I can't feel anything different with my fingers either.  My job is sitting most of the day whether it is driving or behind the desk.

There is no pain anywhere else...just the left testicle.  No way it can be an STD unless my 7 month pregnant wife is running around, but that is highly doubtful.  I've read ONLY ONE symptom that I qualify for and that is having sex with a full bladder.  It happens in the mornings, possibly more times that not.  

It isn't extreme pain, just very annoying I guess.  The pains start gradually during the 2-4 second interval, but the last of that interval is pretty sharp and uncomfortable pain.  I'm pretty scared because some things I've read (torsion) says I only have 4-6 hrs and it's too late for a free clinic (no insurance until next week)

Please help.  Just as I was typing, the pain happened at least 6-7 times.  Don't know if that is because I am typing about it or not.
Hello Sir,

Your pain does not seem to be anything suggesting acute arterial ischemia (lack of blood flow). It is not normal to experience these occasional pains at varying time intervals, have you experienced any additional symptoms? For now, you should continue to empty your bladder efficiently as that appears to have some correlation with the pain. If you experience numbness, tingling, changing of colors of the scrotum or any severe prolonged periods of pain, you should be evaluated for possible testicular tortion, although your history does not suggest this. Also if your underwear is very constrictive, it might be beneficial to switch over to boxer shorts.

Thanks!
This morning everything feels fine.  I drank a lot of water last night and went to the bathroom a couple times during the night, instead of just holding it in like I normally do.
when I started driving home, it started again.  can it just be the vibrations in the ride?  It's not a motorcycle.
Ok, the pain comes and goes a few times a day now.  Tonight, it started in both.  It's like someone has each of my testicles in their fingers slightly squeezing them.  Not sharp pains, just constant.
A related discussion, HELP ME!!! was started.
I have your exact symptoms and have for a couple months now about one or two days a week. The only difference is that now my pain has spread into my lower left abdomen and the throbbing coincides with the throbbing in my left testicle. I have asked a friend about it who has suffered the same thing before and he told me he had a testicular hernia. Go get it checked out!
A related discussion, Sharp, pulsing pain in left testicle was started.