Prostate Cancer Community
Rising PSA after Seeding
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rising PSA after Seeding

My PSA has been rising for the past 30 months.  I had 129 Pd 103 seeds implanted in January 08.  Had a psa of over 20 before seeds implanted.  6 out of 36 biopsies showed cancer with one biospy at the 5 level on the Gleason scale and the rest in the 2 or 3 range.  After seeding the psa was 0.2 and is rising on a predicted basis and is now 3.4.  I'm having psa tests every three months.  Is there anything else you would recommend?  I have an excellent Urologist and Oncologist. However I've been told by laymen that I should seek out a Prostate Clinic.  Is it possible to have the Prostate removed using robotic surgery after seed implant?