Rising PSA
My psa went from 2.5 to 5. Ultrasound was negative. But lump was felt on prostate. Does that mean cancer?

With so little info provided all one can say is to consult your urologist...not cancer until biopsied.
Dear Tim: I had prostate cancer in 2005 and  the first sign was my psa going from 2.5 to 4.5.  A rising psa doesnt necessarily mean cancer but it is a red flag, I would definitely go to a Urologist and have a biopsy to determine if you do or do not have prostate cancer.  I had Proton Radiation treatments for my prostate cancer in 2005 and my psa is now.01 I  was never sick nor do I have any side effects as a result of the cancer or the Proton Radiation ... In my opinion, Proton Radiation is the closest thing to a complete cure for Prostate cancer that there is.. lots of people give Proton Radiation a bad rap... but they have not been there.. they just run their mounths about something they know very little about... I had my treatments at Loma Linda Universty Medical Center in Loma Linda California... there are now several Proton Radiation treatment centers around the US and several under construction due to its great success... I Hope you dont have a problem but if you do, personally I would not even consider any of the other treatment options if you can have Proton Radiatio.... mainly because it has a 90% cure rate and little to no side effects...its a no brainer decision to me... hope this helps.Claytex