Prostate Cancer Community
Rising Psa readings after raditation seed implant
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rising Psa readings after raditation seed implant

I had a radation seed implant done sept. 18th 2008. My psa was 8.4.  I had already had a biopsy
which showed the cancer still within the capsule. of the prostate.  I had 91 seeds put in.  On 11/3/11
the psa was 1.16.  On 7/16/12 the psa was 2.00. On 11/21/12 the psa was 2.06 My new urologist in another
state is concerned about the rise of the psa readings since 11/3/11.  He is concerned now that there are
growing cancer cells in the prostate and other organs of my body. I there a limitation on how long the
brachy therapy surgery can last  in my system before psa readings rise now and future years.Can you shed
any light?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3149845_tn?1415046551
Hi Tom, whats important here is not the psa level rising but your Gleason score. Also with rising psa's the big issue is spikeing. Like it went for 1 to 4.If your worried about spreading, they can do a blood test for lose cells in your system. Its like a pap test for women. The doctor is wrong by telling you he is concerned it is spreading before the pap tests comfirms. He should not tell you this before all test verify these things.
Blank
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunely I did not get a copy of the psa
report. I am getting a Ct scan and a body bone scan a week from now.
I'll see what happens from there. I will address the gleason score
when he gives me results..

Tom
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Prostate Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity