Sharp, pulsing pain in left testicle
A couple weeks ago I experienced a sharp, pulsing pain in my left testicle. This pain went away after about five minutes and I attributed it to blue balls, however, today the pain came back, less severe, at around 7 pm. This round was brief, only lasting a minute or so, however, the pain came back around 10 pm. This one lasted longer and I began looking for reasons online. After I found nothing and the pain went away, I stopped looking. However, it is now 6 am and I was woken up about a half an hour ago by the pain. I rolled around in my bed for a few minutes before I considered calling a hospital, then decided that I should continue looking online. After reading several stories, and having been in pain for around ten minutes, I vomited some water that I had just drank. I was rather disturbed by the possibilities that I discover online, yet I don't believe that I have ever vomited from sheer fear/nervousness. Immediately before I vomited I felt myself get extremely hot, then after vomiting I became extremely cold. Even as I'm writing this the pain has come back. When I look at my testicles, I can see them retracting and releasing, they do this every time I cough as well. Is this a hernia? My testicles have retracted slightly when I cough for possibly years, yet pain is only now surfacing. Please help, I am 19 years old and rather terrified as to what may be going on.

This discussion is related to Pulsing or throbbing pain in left testicle.
What other symptoms are present? I understand your concern regarding this and reading the numerous posts online may indeed be disturbing. The pain could be due to a variety of issues such as infection, inflammation, hernia and other urological issues. However, each case is different and it is highly recommended that you have this evaluated by a doctor for proper diagnosis. Treatment will also depend on the underlying cause. Take care and do keep us posted.