Sharp rectal/prostate pain, but am I too young for this??
I am a 31 yr old caucasian male, with a healthy diet and no high-risk behaviors that could be associated with the following symptoms.  Bowl cancer does run in my father's side of the family, however.

Occasionally I get a sharp, stabbing pain in my lower rectum, about where my prostate would be according to the charts.  The pain is so intense, I lose my breath and cannot move, sometimes dropping things and needing to crouch or grip an object to keep from falling over.  It honestly feels like somebody has stabbed a knife up into my rectum.  This does not happen regularly by any means, but at least a few times or more a year, enough that I have paid attention.  It used to happen a lot more when I was about 18, when it first started happening.

Recently I checked my prostate myself, and felt a very hard, very small lump which was rather uncomfortable, if not outright painful, to touch.  

I have otherwise no abnormal symptoms that I can think of. Normal stool, normal bowl movements, no blood, no discharge, no urinary or erectile problems, etc..  The only other symptom I have, which for all I know is unrelated, is occasional severe heartburn just below and inside of my right pectoral muscle, under the ribs.  I have been thru a bevvy of tests regarding that, so far nothing...

My question is should I see my doctor about a prostate exam or G.I. exam even though I am so young?

I read about your problem..lower rectal pain in young males is a well described phenomenon in medical literature but has no underlying sinister pathology.
You do need to see a surgeon for a per rectal examination to evaluate your prostate..self examination is notrecommended at all.
Hi Bobby
Just a suggestion, and I might be well off the mark, but have a look on sites for CPPS (chronic pelvic pain syndrome!)
I've had that problem since my early 20's, and no doctor has ever had a clue. Then I found the answer in a sidebar in Men's Health magazine: Apparently it can happen if semen backs up into the prostate due to interrupted ejaculation, reverse gravity position, etc, and then hardens (could be hours to days later). They suggested over-hydrating and then "rubbing it out", but I usually just take a couple of Advil and sleep on my stomach.
I am having the exact same problem except I'm only 17.  Really curious to what the problem is.
I'm a 31 male. I've been having this pain for at least 3-4 years, but can't pinpoint it exactly. It only occurs a few times a year, but when it hits - oh man - it disables me...just like how you described it. I got worried and thought it was prostate cancer but I educated myself and see that it could be many other causes.

I had an odd childhood at home and I developed some weird nervous attributes like holding my urine for too long and always feeling worried that I had to complete something before I used the bathroom, well into my late 20's. I am trying to break the 20+ year old habit now that I am relaxing more and not stressed from a job and family issues. I've also been guilty of stopping an ejaculation several times before when I was younger - just didn't know the harm it could could cause down the road.

I'm going to find a GI and get a prostate exam just for peace of mind. I have the insurance so I should use it for things like this and try to nip problems in the bud.

WHAT is amazing and scary, is that the other major pain I've had in my life is an upward shooting pain in my left pectoral area. Started at around age 18-20. Don't get it much anymore, and have been told it's muscular related - I've been boxing and in some of the best shape of my athletic life so I think all my muscles are stretched out etc. Before my ACL surgery a few years ago, they decided to do stop the surgery, and check me out with an EKG test - my results were okay.
Someone needs to find out what this is. I'm 29, and for about 3 years now, I've had sharp flashes of pain in my prostate area about once every other day. I also experience the same thing less frequently in the left side of my chest where I have to immediately stop a breath and start over. These aren't random symptoms. This is obviously a very specific thing.
Hey Everyone,

This happens many times when sitting down while masturbating.  If you think about it, ejaculating in a seated position is unnatural.  Masturbation is technically unnatural despite what the experts say.  The most natural position for ejaculation is missionary (sex with man on top and woman under him).  For those who find it necessary to masturbate, try standing up while ejaculating. For a good guideline for what is natural and healthy, look at nature, not porn.  Use your fingers to rub out the painful area by starting from the anus and dragging your fingers toward your testicles.  Pull your hand forward when applying pressure.  Do not apply pressure back wards towards the anus.  Good Luck.  And as natural as they say masturbation is, keep it to a minimum.
I've been having this pain for serveral years now and honestly it feels like someone has tazered me or something...it's really painful and often it happens after i masturbate in my sleep or something. When i was younger, literally every single time i masturbated I would let go right before ejaculation and i would continue to masturbate for an hour maybe 2 hours at time before letting ejaculation to happen and now that i'm older i dread masterbation or even having sex because of that pain. Also, another problem i'm having is that it takes me forever to have an orgasim. please, someone advise as to how i can at least somewhat undo the stupid things i used to do in my longer days.  
I was searching for the same answers as you and ran across this:

"Proctalgia Fugax

Proctalgia fugax is a severe, cramp-like pain, deep in the anal canal. It usually lasts for a few seconds or minutes, but can sometimes last for up to half an hour. Between attacks there is no pain at all. Most sufferers have only 5 or 6 attacks a year. You may feel a need to defecate urgently, but nothing happens. It may even make you feel dizzy, or give you a headache. It occurs in both men and women. The pain often wakes sufferers at night, and men may have an erection at the same time. Some men experience it after sex. It is a mysterious condition; no one knows what causes it, but it is probably a spasm of the rectal or pelvic floor muscles and does not mean that you have anything seriously wrong. There are various methods of relieving the pain.
Try putting pressure on the perineum (the area between the back passage and the vagina or base of the penis) by sitting on the edge of your bath or on a tennis ball.
Sit in hot water or, alternatively, apply some ice.
Two paracetamol (acetaminophen) tablets and a hot drink may give some relief.
The problem with medications for proctalgia fugax is that the episode is likely to be over before the drugs become active, but medication might be worth trying if your attacks last a long time. The usual treatment is the asthma drug salbutamol, inhaled from a puffer at the start of the attack (Gastroenterology 2006;130:1510–8). This is only available on prescription, for which you would need to see your doctor" (http://www.embarrassingproblems.com/problem/anal-pain)

I have the same pain I would say around once a month..this somewhat eased my mind. Best of luck.
I also suffer from the same symptoms you described. I am a 34 year old male  and consider myself healthy. The pain will last for at most 15 seconds and it is crippling. I have never done anything considered abnormal to my anus so I know that it is not from that. It seems like a muscle spasm as it goes away just as quickly as it began and I have zero aftereffects from the episode. I just get up and resume whatever I was doing. I'm a bit relieved to see other men suffer from this and I feel better knowing it isn't anything serious. Still, I will tell my doctor about it next visit.
I've had this problem since I was a kid. Although mine would last a good half hour. One solution I found was looking at porn and if the reason is because of backed up semen then it makes sense. The liquids flow out un clogging the problem area and release the pain. My problem usually did happen after not fully discharging when I was masterbating.
I'm 31 and I've had the shooting prostate/pectoral pain that is being described here. I've heard so often, men advising each other to hold off from ejaculation when masturbating in order to increase 'stamina' and promote a full-body sexual experience which some often associate with some misguided notion of 'tantric sex'. So many young men, including myself wish they could 'last longer' learning that most women only reach orgasm after a prolonged period of sustained sex. I think that the masturbation process should be very gradual, in this regard, but maybe stopping at climax or holding back is unhealthy.
Glad to see im not the only one who suffers from this condition. Handman's explanation of "Proctalgia Fugax" seems to hit the nail on the head for me. Thanks for everyone's input.
Glad to see im not the only one who suffers from this condition. handman's explanation of Proctalgia Fugax seems to hit the nail on the head for me. Thanks for everyone's input
I have the same problem, and am relieved to find that many share the same and its not that serious. The pain my god, is pathetic. However not found any solution from anyone, in case any one had consulted a doctor or know the solution to this issue, please share.
Yea I get these 2 im pretty sure everyone does .. about 2-3 times a year lasts about 2 seconds and literally has you straightening out your legs in severe pain feels like someone stuck a live electric wire on ur anus... But I wouldnt worry ive been sitting round my mates house ive known since school hes gone "arghhh" while sitting on the couch and he was like "**** man do u ever get that shooting pain in ur arse like electricity" lol we both laughed and I was like "yea man I do" im not sure if its to do with masturbating like someone else said.. but when drinking alcohol alot ive noticed the shooting pain in the morning... but its nothing serious to worry about unless ur having them daily... so I wouldnt worry guys... but **** me that dont half hurt LOL I had one the other week first time this year...im sure its to do with alcohol...
I have these pains right now, but I can constantly feel it...mostly just an ache, but sometimes I get sharp pains during the end of urinating and when I get gas. I'm a little worried because most of you say the longest they last is about a half hour and this has been going on all day, and could feel it coming on later lastnight. I can also feel it in the bladder section...like if I push on the bladder, it shoots mildly sharp pain in my rectum. It does feel like I need to take a crap and if I do, it will feel better...but it doesnt. I had this same type of episode happen last year and was most uncomfortable.
I also suffer this type of rectal pain - usually during sex with my wife. It only lasts a few seconds (before ejaculation) but it feels horrible. I suspect I'm older than most of you but I'm fairly fit and healthy. I found my way to this site after first looking for symptoms of prostate cancer elsewhere. Seems to be nothing to do with that particular problem as I don't feel the need to pass urine frequently. I wonder if some medical professional could collate this information and investigate!
Hi Wood can you please repost your own question as this is very post and i will reply to yours
This sounds very much like prostatitis.
1. First see a doctor and do the usual tests to rule out prostatitis, BHP (in older age) and cancer etc.
2. If nothing comes up in the tests and you still have pain in groin area, in testicles, in rectum area, pain before or after ejaculation, low back pain etc etc. then do the following

a. Start eating anti-depressants like Citaloprim 20 mg daily. This will certainly ease off the pain.
b. After every ejaculation if you feel pain eat any pain medication that works well for you say ibuprofen.
c. Sitting in a hot bath helps a lot.
d. Never stop your ejaculation to prolong your sexual pleasure. The pain will aggravate. Just do it normally and get ejaculated. Do not over do sex  or under do sex. Do it when you need it.
e. Swimming is a very good way to ease the pain in a long run.
f. Also do drink plenty of water.
g. Try not to drink coffee and alcohol. Also do not smoke. They all aggravate the problem.
h. You may also try having the herbal remedies like saw palmetto etc. Google it and you will find loads of such medications. But they do not work.

Note: I am a sufferer of this problem for the past 22 years and have been checked by numerous doctors ranging from simple physicians to specialists. But they do not have a clue of what it is. Some said it is prostatitis so therefore I had loads of antibiotics in my early years of the problem. And you know what?. I would get better because antibiotics reduce prostate inflamation and size. Other doctors said it is all in my head. And some said it is Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome. What ever you name it they do not have a remedy for it. We have to manage it by the above mentioned ways. The simple reason is that there hasn't been any significant research in this area. Anti depressants like Citalopram is being used in pain clinics i.e. for pain management and this works very well. So my friends with time you will learn how to cope with the problem of prostate pain and the key is not to panic and not to leave your sex life. Eat medication and rest when the pain is horrible. Exercise and continue your normal life routine when there is no or less pain. Best of luck.
While you are young for an enlarged prostate (BPH), even men in their teens, not to mention their 20s and 30s, can develop a condition called prostatitis – inflamed prostate – that can cause the symptoms you describe. You should absolutely see your doctor for an evaluation – the longer you wait, the harder it can be to treat the problem. You can also support long term prostate health by using an all-natural prostate supplement (health professionals recommend Prostate Ph) containing botanical extracts like white button mushroom and African plum tree bark. Both of these have shown positive results in medical research with lab mice – they have even shown the ability to shrink prostate tumors.

Hope you find an answer to your problem!
Alex, PhD
Sounds like prostatitic stones. See http://www.****.org/stones.html but be sure to see a doctor to evaluate among types of prostatitis or rule out other causes.
The answer is simple:  When you have sex (or masturbate), electrical energy is transmitted to the same area (where your pain occurs from time to time), and the electrical impulses constrict various muscles which leads to ejaculation.  If you have not indulged in sexual activity for several weeks, the area is expecting to receive strong impulses, but it is not getting any.  Plus your semen builds up and hardens with protein, and this may cause it push back upwards ready to be absorbed by the body.  When that happens, the area can result in pain, because it is trying to eject the excess semen by involuntary ejaculation (which we call wet dreams).  In day time, you would experience a pain, and will be able to control it, but at night time, the impulses would seem pleasurable and would wake up wet and sticky.  So nothing to worry about.  
I'm 25 and I've been having this pain forsince 17, I do notice the more I nut the more frequently and sharper the pain is but when I don't nut for a week I'm fine and if I don't nut for two weeks I get the same sharp pain but its less frequent but might feel more intense. Do I need a Dr? And if so what kind?
I've had this same problem, sometimes it lasts 2 minutes, sometimes it lasts an hour. It happens 2-3 times a year
I am 27 and I too suffer from this but mine happens more often, around once or twice a month sometimes. So I am wondering if mine could be something more serious.  The pain is unbearable, there have been times when I have literally dropped to the ground and couldn't move the pain was so intense.  Also I haven't noticed if I have the pectoral pain you guys have as the pain down there is all I can feel at the time it happens.  I have to be honest, it scares the hell out of me that this may be something serious.  What should I do about this?
Hi Mathew, this is a very old post. Please start a new one post in the prostate cancer forum and tell your story
I am 32yrs old Male. Since one week or so i get this pain in my internal passage of rectum. Most of the times in the morning when i wake up. Its so severe that i need to sit or again fall on the bed to sooth the pain. No bleeding, outer grown body nothing that sort of but it lasts for like 10 to 15 secs but i feel i am helpless or something inside has a knife and is poking it outside. Can anyone help me, is it life threatening? I sleep well all in order but always have a fear if this pain attacks me in working hours what would i do for those 10secs? Please advise.

Regards,
Satyeash

Regards,
Satyeash
Like you guys i have sharp pains in my prostate and chest mainly when i reach orgasm, but also at times for no reason. I am 20 years old, but it all started when i was 18. I tried to look back on what might have caused it and this is what i have come up with. 1st my parents didnt believe in drinking coffee, but when i moved out of the house at 18 i started to drink 1 to 2 cups a day... About the same time the pain started. 2nd i got married, and moved up to a management position at work at 18... LOTS of stress can destroy the body quickly.  i plan on getting a prostate exam soon. I want to get rid of this!!!
Yes! The "Proctalgia Fugax" symptoms are exactly what I have - so it's great to finally see a diagnosis. I do think masturbating for long periods causes a clenching of muscles in that area which leads to spasm later. I've found that I can now relax that area while masturbating - but not sure it reduces the frequency of the pain (I'm getting it about once a month). I also get a painful erection (as described) during the anal pain and it usually only last about 1-2 minutes.
I'm 33, healthy non smoking male and have had the same sharp shooting pains in my rectum for the last few years...I'm pretty sure it's related to hydration as I find mine is more likely to occur if I've had a drink or two, or haven't hydrated myself sufficently after runs and sessions at the gym. If you can stomach it, coconut water seems to allviate the frequency of this happening, at least it does for me.
Hi I am having this same problem. It is like a massive short electric pain through my anal. I completely stops me in my tracks. It starte in my early 20s, I am almost 29 now and it happens almost twice maybe 3 times a week. Do I see a doctor ??
i have the same issue.4 times in the past year.twice in the last month.ive also notices around my rectum it swells up and hurts like pure hell.usually last about 30 min.at a time,also during spasm i get sick and sweat bad.and sometimes feel like im gonna pass out
Consider your diet people.  I noticed that the painful episodes (which had been occuring about 2 times a month) disappeared almost completely (literally about 90% reduction in occurence) when I simply began to avoid cheeses that have Calcium Chloride as a preservative (which is about 80% of the cheeses you will find in a grocery store).  Took some time for me to arrive at that conclusion, but it seems to have worked.

I also had a very painful episode after eating a chorizo hot dog from a street vendor which was probably packed with weird chemicals, so it is possible that some other presevative(s) or processed food additive(s) is/are to blame, or also to blame.

I should add that I am NOT a health food nut who sees all physical ailments as a consequence of eating non organic foods.  Just a regular guy.

Anyway I would be very interested if others notice a correlation with diet, and would appreciate it if they could share that info.
Im 20yrs of age and I have this problem on a regular basis it almost feels like I am being stabbed in my rectum and prostate at the same time it is an excruciating pain. Where I have to bend over or grab something to stop myself from collapsing in pain. The last 3 days ive had it 10 - 20 times a day and I am starting to get alittle worried any one have any advice
I am 35 and have suffered from this since about the age of 24. My primary care physician gave me two rectal examinations and antibiotics. No diagnosis no cure. so he sent me to a specialist. I went the to the specialist for several weeks and treated with a lot of antibiotics. He was clueless so I stopped going. Now I am thinking about going back armed with this information. Thanks guys.
Guys i think i discover what it is,i can bet most of you masturbate,.well i started when i was 12 years and got addicted, i some times do it up 4-5 times a day when i just started until i was about 20, my masturbate reduced to about 1 a day or i try to last 1 week or 2, longest i ever did without is 1 month, when i masturbate i grip my penis hard which i think caused my semen to revers back up. one time while i have sex i send it back up so she didn't know i did ***. throughout about 13 years of masturbation i felt the knife striking pain, hoo its not normal it twists my body up i feel like a stab in my butt.. after one night after masturbation i went to the toilet and i defecate blood with poo.. i never felt it again i can more sure its build up semen..i know its hard but stop having sex or masturbate for 2-3 months and see if you still feel the pain.
IronManu77, I think your misinformation is incorrect, i know most men that are experiencing this are those that are more sexually active either by sex or masturbation. so the answer would be reverse semen that get harden after a while.
I too experience this intense pain in the rectum.  In my case, it ONLY happens when I'm sleeping.  I've never experienced this while awake.  EVER.  It is so painful that it wakes me up but the pain is usually brief.  It lasts no longer than 2-3 minutes but each second of it is pure hell.  I am 41 and it occurs about once every month or two.  It is dreadful.  I should add that I've been on finasteride (for hair loss; finasteride shrinks the prostate) for over 9 years and I never experienced this pain before taking finasteride.  But I don't know whether the two are related because I took finasteride for a couple of years before having this pain.  So it's been about 5-6 years at least that I've had this problem.  
I get this pain too. It seems to be between rectum and prostate(somewhere) very painful some times short like 1 sec and sometimes like 4-5 seconds...I wanted to see a doctor for this but now since most of us go through same situation I am feeling better as not being alone.
Hi Mike,

I've also been on Finasteride (was on it for 2 years, now off) and I'm experiencing the same thing. It could be related. It could also be a rush of androgen sex hormones in the area after suppression. Right now my pain is weak but two things help: not sitting for long periods or riding a bike, and rubbing the area upwards.
WOW i'm so relieved, this happens so infrequently for me, but everytime it did i would say to myself got to ask doctor about it.  I'd always forget about it by the time i actually see a doctor.  My pain seems to be less than 2 seconds but is so strong it makes my knees buckle.  I can't even imagine having it for a few minutes or even a half an hour.  I feel for you guys.
I get very severe pain in the prostate/rectal area after intercourse. I am on Avodart which did help prostate shrinkage but no Siemens comes out. Please help
When I began having this pain, I was about 50 something.... My urologist told me that my PSA was slightly raised and my prostate was probably enlarged. This year after going to Tripler Army Hospital, and having a biopsy, I found that I have prostate cancer and I am having it removed this fall... Gentlemen, whatever you do, get your prostate checked.. If you happen to be black, you have a higher chance of having a more aggressive prostate cancer. Catch it "early"!!!! Don't take pain for granted... thanks for the opportunity to get this message out..
hello,it just recently started that I get this pain in my anus and below my tummy after I masturbate. I started the idea of masturbating in order to avoid sex and the sexual tensions I have been getting recently. I don't know who to talk to definitely not my religious family or Any doctor cause of the society I am from. actually I am glad I haven't started having sex because if after masturbation feels like this then I wonder the sex. I'm 24+.any help please
I find this usual occurs after orgasm but not limited to such times and often when needing to urinate in close proximity. I'm 31 and have been getting these pains for about 6 years. The pain lasts about 15mins or more and is crippling. Although it is no more severe after sex than masturbation. If anything it occurs less frequently after sex, perhaps to do with changing position and greater physical activity.
sounds like your not letting the gas that is stuck in your anus out. Sometimes when i feel like gas or fart is coming out and i keep it inside my anus it  causes pain. but mostly i get that pain 5 or 4 times a day,even if i don't have gas.  

I'm 19 years old and have the same symptoms as dagger regarding the prostate and the chest. I've been to the doctor for this but they didnt find anything with a scan, however they never did a exam. Unless most of you I do not have severe pain, but it's there most of the time. It can feel like I'm sitting on a golfbal but the feeling is different according to the activities I have been doing. It's almost gone when i did sports or walked all days, it's more severe when I sit down all day. I tried to touch it myself and it didnt feel like it should feel like, it was pretty hard and it did hurt. How worried should I be? Also the chest pain mostly comes when I'm sitting down forward, and can be gone in a few minuts, mostly when I stand up.
Hey guys,
Got here from Google as well. I just had one if these pains as well. I started getting these in 6th grade, right after puberty and have always lasted from 5 seconds to several minutes. I'm now 23 and still get these a few times a year. Recently it's been getting worse, and I've noticed I have been having more sex and masturbating more often. Today, I finally correlated that with my pains. There was a time a few years back in which I stopped masturbating (single and has a roommate) and I thought I grew out of the pains. Once i got a girlfriend and my own house, the mysterious pains have come back. I now realize it was probably how often I ejaculated. I know nothing about this medical stuff, but my theory is that if u do it frequently, it may get swollen from the constant use.. Which then make anything in the rectum brush against it thus causing the pain. Sort of like blowing your nose when your sick... Nothing the few times, bit then it starts to hurt from the constant rubbing. Until it heals.   The pain I have is right inside my anus and it feels like a small spot where a knife is digging into me. Some times it just feels like something is off and I know I could get a pain any second.  However normally I feel perfectly OK and have no other side effects at all.   For those of u struggling, I find it to be helpful to sick a few fingers in the anus crack  (not up your butt) and move your hand back and forth. It massages the prostate and causes the pain to deter.  No idea why this happens or what it's from. But that is my theory.. I'll lady lie for a little and see if the pain goes away.
Hey guys,
Please post your own question
i am only 16 year old i feel pain when urine after masturbate. do how to free this pain any comment
I can tell immediately that you did not take basic biology. Masturbation is "unnatural"? It is exhibited throughout the animal kingdom, and the position would play little factor unless your head is between your legs which what I assume you've been doing.
I've been having this pain a lot lately as well. I used to hold my urine and poop because of anxiety issues as well like one of the other posters and I believe that is related to this problem for me. It really got worse lately because I am on methadone maintenance and constantly become constipated and I don't drink enough water. I also had gonorrhea for awhile with no symptoms which may have added to this problem. Whenever this pain is occurring I feel as when I push to urinate or poop a cramping/knife pain is felt inside my butt. Also, on occasion, the pain is 100 times worse and shoots from the back of my testicles to my anus and feels like a hot poker just got shoved up my butt and makes me straighten my body to try and cope but nothing works. The pain is excruciating!! I think this thread should remain open in hopes that someone may find out some info that may help all of us. Please do not close this thread Admin! Please post any medical results guys! Good luck and I will be visiting a urologist and posting any results.
I forgot to add, I used to push really hard and rub on my bladder to help with urination and pooping for years when I was younger and always held in my stuff by sitting with the back of my foot against my prostate. I think I damaged my prostate from doing this. Just wanted to add that. I know its hard to admit these things and embarrassing but us men are weird and need to admit what we do to get the right diagnosis lol
Okay I have the same problem with a shooting pain from my anus to my testicles, it feels like a cow prod and a taser combined.  It goes from around my prostate to my testicles and will cause me to stop immediately.  I get this pain when i have to defecate badly and have had to wait to get to the bathroom.

I have chronic back pain and have had surgery, so I am on a myriad of medications to include Cymbalta.  I have been on Cymbalta for four years and was on Celexa prior to this, to help with the anxiety and depression due to the pain pills i am on which are Oxycontin, and Norco.  Which btw do nothing to stop or help when the pain hits.

I am also a Gulf War vet and at first thought it may have been from that.  So if any of the people who have had this problem that are Veterans, please note that and what Country you were in.  (non-masterbaters only)

Masterbaters should start their own thread as really has to do with normal activity.
please post your own question and we will be happy to reply
I am 23 years old, and I too have experienced these sharp overwhelming pains for a few years now starting roughly around 17-18 range. Recently I had one of the worst pains I'd felt so far, waking me up in the night and leaving me immobile, lasting only 20-30 seconds thankfully. At times it feels like a slight pressure in the rectal area, no abnormal bowel movements like constipation or diarrhea  (although I would say that I push or strain bowel movements out which i know i shouldnt do) and more often than the rectal pains, I have also experienced this chest pain on my left side. My father passed of a heart attack before 50 when i was 17 and for a while I thought the chest pain was related or possibly anxiety, but reading everyone else similar symptoms I find relief and concern.
I have a girlfriend whom we have a lot of sexual intercourse, but I can't positively say its been more/less prevalent with sexual frequency, and I don't masturbate that much. I from time to time slow myself down before ejaculation to pleasure the lady, which after reading a lot of posts I should try to stop doing. I haven't been checked out by a doctor because its been so infrequent over the years it hadn't raised concern, but after this "attack" in the middle of the night its been on my mind more. Naturally I am concerned as everyone else seems to be, and once I have medical insurance i want to get it checked out.  Proctalgia Fugax   sounds possible, but does anyone have any help they can give me?
"Consider your diet people". This is the answer.

Occasional sudden awful pain where I imagine the prostate is.
Pain would dissipate after  five minutes.
Then, changed eating habits:-
-avoid processed food, meat products.
- exclude from meals all added salt, sugar, veg oil.

Now years later feeling much better and no re-occurrence of the episode.
You are so right..change ur diet and also check for h pylori bacteria ..that nasty little germs messes with ur whole body.. hormones..digestion..brain..etc.. healthy tummy followed by healthy unprocessed and gluten foods and nature would take its course..i did this after years on doc meds and cured myself completly.. try it..
Recognize meat is an important source of protein for normal growth and good health; since  limiting processed meat products containing too much nitrates and combine fresh veg with processed food has been beneficial.
I am not sure If my answer was posted so here it is again. You probably have CPPS, chronic Pelvic pain syndrome look it up on Google for answers. It can also be caused by a rare form of IBS that I have and I was prescribed anti spasmodic meds for it they are quick acting as the pain can come on quickly and be so severe that I pass out. Please look into it. You will be much happier.
Also used lots of fruits and veges and include juicing as your daily part of diet ..