Prostate Cancer Expert Forum
Surgical clips and bleeding
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions about: Advanced or Metastatic Prostate Cancer, Biopsy, Bone Scan, Blood in Urine or Semen, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), CT Scan, Cystoscopy, Erectile Dysfunction, Hormone Therapy, Incontinence, Pain (abdomen, low back or hip), PSA Test, Prostatitis , Radiation Therapy, Rectal Exam, Recurrent Cancer, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging (Tumor size; Metastasis), Surgery, Transrectal Ultrasound, Urinary Difficulty or Burning, Urinary Urgency (Leaking), Watchful Waiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Surgical clips and bleeding

Four years ageo, I had a radical prostatectomy.  Since then I have experienced bleeding from my penis - and sometime anus - during a bowel movement.  More recently I was passing large blood clots for 24 hours during urination.  For this I was givin ten days of Keflex and the passing of the clots ceased but I have returned to intermittent bleeding following a bowell movement, expecially when my stool my stool is firm.  A recent xray showed that I have multiple metallic surgical clips in the peripheries of the left and right hemipelvis and in the inferior aspectof the pelvis.  Do you think there might be a connection?