Prostate Cancer Community
T2c
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

T2c

Thank you for your previous information to my queries on my PCa. I still have one question. My prostate was examined several times by several doctors and they always said that palpation does not reveal any tumor but the prostate feels normal (small scale PCa was found originally in one biopsy, this would imply stage T1c). Similarly the surgeon who made prostatectomy wrote in his report that the palpation of the (very small) prostate shows it is usual (no comment on any tumor). The final report of the pathotologist labels my PCa as T2c, locating in both lobes. If I understand correctly, T2c means exactly a "palpable tumor that is in both lobes". Is it so that the presence of the tumor in both lobes defines the stage, not exactly that it can be recognized by palpation. Can lower level tumors (3+2) simply be 'soft' so that they can be relativel large even if they can not be seen in ultras or felt at all.