Testosterone Therapy after Prostate Removal for cancer
JNR
Where can I find the latest medical advice on using Testosterone gel 13 years after prostate removal?  Removed because of cancer.  Doctor keeps saying that Testosterone Therapy is not proper for patients who have had prostate cancer.  I feel like my energy battery is just about depleated and seem to have all of the symptoms for need of T Therapy.  Is there any good medical research that I can use to further discuss with Primary Care MD?
Hi and welcome. Try googling but they are against this as increases the risk factor for cancer. I am in the same boat and this is what my doctor said to me also. I did not have removal but radiation. What was your Gleason score?
JNR
Gleason was 3+4=7

I assumed after 13 years it would not be a problem.  I did a Google search and came up with conflicting info.  There is a 2013 article (Testosterone Replacament Therapy in Patients with Postate Cancer after Radical Prostatectomy) by American Urological ***'n. that says, "...testosterone therapy is effictive...followed by increase in PSA, does not appear to increase cancer recurrence rates, even in men with high risk prostate cancer."  It suggests vigorous surveillance protocol .
I would not take the chance.
JNR
Same thing wife says.  Cancer is in the trash can at the hospital, don't bring it back!