Prostate Cancer Community
Want to know if my symptoms match up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Want to know if my symptoms match up

I am a younger individual in my mid-20's.  Ovarian Cancer was not something that had really crossed my radar as something I should think about until recently; I just thought I was too young to have to worry about it.  However, recently I have had a few months of health problems, all related to my abdominal region.  These problems included constipation, bloating, a few back-to-back Urinary Track Infections and very mild to very uncomfortable yeast infections just before I start menstruating, and a slight increase in frictional pain during intercourse.  i am just out of college and don't have easy access to a primary care physician, so when the UTI's began showing up I went to a MedExpress doctor who told me that they were probably connected to constipation and to simply increase the fiber in my diet.  I have taken the advice and have not had another one in the month since, however on any day I have not had a bowel movement I also tend to feel like I have to urinate far more often.  I figured that my body just had not fully recovered from its previous lack of fiber.  I was not worried until recently, when my mother told me that frequent UTI's are a warning sign for Ovarian Cancer.  Just to be safe I looked into it and saw that most of my other issues (issues I did not think were connected to each other) are warning signs for Ovarian Cancer, the only one that does not fit what I have read are the Yeast Infections.  This, coupled with the fact that they all appeared around the same time has made me very afraid.  In light of this I have a few questions. The first:  Is an increase in Yeast Infections a warning sign for Ovarian Cancer?  The second:  If it is Ovarian Cancer, how early a stage would my symptoms suggest?  The third:  are there other possible explanations for these symptoms and their close time proximity to each other?  I do intend to see a doctor about these symptoms, but as before mentioned, I am just out of school and starting my life up so I have not yet found my own primary care physician or gynecologist and am not sure how long it will take before I am able to see one.  Any answers to these questions or advice would be welcome so I can have some idea of what to expect when I do get in to a doctor.

you have posted to the prostate discussion group and not the one for ovarian cancer....not many on this site have any direct experience with your situation.