Prostate Cancer Expert Forum
What happens if it metasticizes?

This forum is for questions about: Advanced or Metastatic Prostate Cancer, Biopsy, Bone Scan, Blood in Urine or Semen, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), CT Scan, Cystoscopy, Erectile Dysfunction, Hormone Therapy, Incontinence, Pain (abdomen, low back or hip), PSA Test, Prostatitis , Radiation Therapy, Rectal Exam, Recurrent Cancer, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging (Tumor size; Metastasis), Surgery, Transrectal Ultrasound, Urinary Difficulty or Burning, Urinary Urgency (Leaking), Watchful Waiting.

What happens if it metasticizes?

My husband is 52, has a PSA of 6.7, grade of 7. They found prostate cancer--5% of a sample in one quadrant. He wants to put off any treatment for a year. What are his risks in waiting, and what will he experience if the cancer masticizes?
What is the stage of cancer?

Was it detected clinically i.e, on didtal rectal examination and then bipsied or was it diganosed by screening for elevated PSA?

Studies have shown that surgery (radical prostatectomy) has a greater survival advantage than watchful waiting. This is especially true in younger men(<65 yrs) and those with a score of Gleason score of  7 or more.
This is not intended as medical advice but is for patient information only.

My husband is 51 years old and has stage IV prostate cancer.  I have been told it is in his all of his bones, skull and lymph nodes.  He had the doctor call him on his cell when they did the scan to see what other organs it is in.  I have the authorization to look at his records but I am trying to respect his privacy and know he is not telling me everything because he doesn't want me to worry.  BUT I am ALREADY WORRIED!  They are giving him hormone treatment and they said radiation would only help to reduce his pain.  He is still going to work everyday and taking care of all his horses as if there were nothing wrong with him.  I know this is what keeps him going but I am lost....I have no ideal what to expect...will he just fall over one day....will the pain finally get him down....he is already unable to remember as well as he use to.  Can someone tell me what to expect?

A related discussion, High psa level was started.
A related discussion, Metastatic Prostate Cancer Stage 4 in bones was started.