Prostate Cancer Community
after radioactive seeds are implanted

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

after radioactive seeds are implanted

My husband has early prostate cancer in June 2009 he had the seeds implanted he will be getting checked this week to see where he stands if the seeds cured the cancer.
Since the seeds were implanted he has had pain when he pees, or gets a erection, and has very painful orgasms and burning sensations. Has anybody had these issues for as long as he has?
I know everyone is different but this is very difficult for him to deal with. It seems as if these issues are not going to go away at all for him.  Will this be a permnament things or what
It's going on 2.5 years since I had seed implants.  The first year or so I had the exact pain that your husband is having now.  To me it felt like a major urine/bladder infection, including a discharge that looked like semen.  A few times I would pass small amounts of what appeared to be skin, looking like skin when you peel from a sunburn…just my impression.  I started keeping a clear-glass jar in the bathroom and when I would get one of my “episodes”, I would urinate in jar to see if an what I passed.   Like your husband, I would get this after having an errection or after anytime I got “excited” or ate salty food. I told my doctor about the pain and he said it was “normal”.  I found one way to ease the pain after ejaculating was to go urinate immediately afterwards.  My thinking is that it flushes the leftover semen out.  This continued for about a 1 then it just went away.  Now the only lingering discomfort I have is just below my belt line and feels like I just did 50 sit-ups.  I found a product in the vitamin shops that pretty well eliminates the discomfort as long as I take it every day, but I’m not here to promote it