Prostate Cancer Expert Forum
blood in sperm after Turps
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions about: Advanced or Metastatic Prostate Cancer, Biopsy, Bone Scan, Blood in Urine or Semen, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), CT Scan, Cystoscopy, Erectile Dysfunction, Hormone Therapy, Incontinence, Pain (abdomen, low back or hip), PSA Test, Prostatitis , Radiation Therapy, Rectal Exam, Recurrent Cancer, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging (Tumor size; Metastasis), Surgery, Transrectal Ultrasound, Urinary Difficulty or Burning, Urinary Urgency (Leaking), Watchful Waiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

blood in sperm after Turps

Hi I am 74 and had two operations  March/ April 2006 one for a bladder stone and then for enlarged prostate I was advised that I would have retrograde ejaculation . The operations were successful and I was fearfull of sex would it hurt when I ejaculated etc etc but  after a few months I masturbated and ejaculated from my penis as per normal.
However prior to the operation I used to have blood in my sperm for a number of years and the first two times I ejaculated after the operations it was bloody as before  Then I noticed there was no blood in my sperm and this continued for about 9 months  Wonderful I thought and what a great success.However after a short lapse of any sexual activity I have now noticed that the blood has appeared again.
Why is this and will it  go away as its rather off putting for any female partner especially oral sex being a no no or have i gone back to the situation of the blood always being there each time I ejaculate or can one do anything about it?