Prostate Cancer Community
bph in the young
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bph in the young

My family has lynch syndrome. My daughter had symptoms of colon cancer from 17 yrs. old and Drs. blew us off untill finally at 22 she was totally blocked and had 4 surgerys. My son now at 20 has for the last  3 years had all the symptoms of bph. He has gone to 2 or 3 Drs. and has been told it is enlarged does not respond to antibiotics and their is nothing else that can be done. In other words because of his age he is being blown off too. They don't want to do a psa because they know it will not be normal and there is nothing else they would reccomend anyway. Please help me understand other than cancer what could cause this at such an early age? What can be done? Why don't Drs. realize they may see patients that don't fall into the norm???  So far i don't know of any prostate cancer in our family. Please tell me where to go for info on this? Thank you.