elevated psa .03 after robotic surgery in nov 07
my husband had prostate removed in nov.07 now his psa is .03 the doctor is talking hormone shots and test maybe radiation he had bone scans ct and intensive testing back in oct. the doctor said he got all the cancer and spared the nerves still he has leaking 3-4 pads a day and no erection to speak of im extremely upset now what has the cancer spread to other organs???
Hello.

I had my surgery on Oct. 19.  I understand your concern.  My PSA has not fallen from 2.6.  I had my levels checked in December, six weeks after surgery and again in January.  When there was no change, I had a bone scan, a CT scan, and a prostascint scan.  Results were negative for cancer.  For some reason I have a high PSA.  We will see what my latest test yields this Thursday.

I share with you my brief history to point out that your husband needs to have a complete battery of tests again.  You mention thi ct and extensive testing done in October.  That was presurgey and serves only to provide a comparison with new tests.  Your husband should have a prostascint scan at the very least.  It will show if there is any prostate cancer and the exact location of any cancer.  This should give you some peace of mind.  Before your husband undergoes radiation or any therapy you need to find out where the cancer is located.  If there is cancer.  Please talk to your doctor about this invaluable test.  It is my understanding that it is always done to determine recurrent cancer.

About the other issues.  It would be a little early for him to have an erection.  You write "to speak of," and I would think that means something is happening but nothing we men would call an erection.  That is progress at this point in his recovery.  I am bit surprised that he has had something going on in that dept and still has not acheived continence.  If he has not spent too much time doing his kegels, he needs to be more diligent about these exercises.  Achieving continence and sexual function varies from patient to patient.  Try to remain positive.

And while you do that, let me stress again having that prostatscint scan.  (and any other scans your doctor will suggest.)

All the best and please keep in touch.  you will find my profile on the site, if you would like to correspond.