Prostate Cancer Expert Forum
incontinence after surgery
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions about: Advanced or Metastatic Prostate Cancer, Biopsy, Bone Scan, Blood in Urine or Semen, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), CT Scan, Cystoscopy, Erectile Dysfunction, Hormone Therapy, Incontinence, Pain (abdomen, low back or hip), PSA Test, Prostatitis , Radiation Therapy, Rectal Exam, Recurrent Cancer, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging (Tumor size; Metastasis), Surgery, Transrectal Ultrasound, Urinary Difficulty or Burning, Urinary Urgency (Leaking), Watchful Waiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

incontinence after surgery

i had my robotic surgery 9/13 and all went well. my catheter came out Tuesday, 9/20. I was not prepared for the non-stop ''leaking''. can anyone tell me what to expect as far as bladder control and the slowing done of the drainage? I understand everyone is different but and idea may ease my frustration. i'm 170lbs, 5'9'' and in good overall health

thanks,
Related Discussions
1760321_tn?1313522106

Dear tater410,

I understand your concern.

Incontinence of urine is common complication of Robotic surgery. You should see a physiotherapist to learn exercises and thus improve your continence.

In addition, you shall have to wait and let it improve by itself. However, till that time you have to be on diapers.

Continence results post radical prostatectomy are evaluated at one year time post operatively.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries, if any.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.

Best Regards,
Dr. Rajiv Goel
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank