Prostate Cancer Community
lump on my prostrate
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lump on my prostrate

my doctor found a lump on my prostrate, he said it felt lile the kind of lump that usually turns out to be benien , do cancerous lumps feel different?

This discussion is related to Rapid changes in PSA.
Related Discussions
  • lump (1 replies):
    i had a ultrasound done on my left breast b/c of a lump ...[more]
  • New lump (3 replies):
    November last year a lump was discovered on my left brea...[more]
  • Papable Lump (2 replies):
    Hi! My name is Sarah and I'm 28 years old. I recently ha...[more]
  • breast lump (1 replies):
    I'm a 33 year old female, and found a breast lump about ...[more]
  • growing lump in breast (3 replies):
    Recently I noticed a lump in my breast and I wasn't too ...[more]
359389_tn?1289793384
Hello.

Wow.  I didn't know benign lumps felt differently than cancerous lumps.  Even though my cancer was detected too early to be detected by a DRE, my doctore never suggested that lumps detected would feel differently if they were benign or not.  

Has your doctor suggested any treatment?  Are you on any antibiotics?  Has a biopsy been scheduled?  I think a more conclusive answer is in order.  I see that your discussion is related to rapid changes in PSA.  Does that mean you have had a high increase--a doubling for instance--in your PSA levels?

I don't want to alarm you--and we always begin with a positive outlook, but I encourage you to get a more definitive answer.  I am hoping that you are traveling that road of seeking answers and that this question is just to get information and that you are not relying on this statement as a reason for inaction.

all the best.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Prostate Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank