post-prostatectomy symptoms
I had a radical prostatectomy by the DaVinci method twelve days ago with the catheter removal taking place five days ago. Since the catheter removal I have had to strain to urinate and have a very weak stream, more like a dribble. The doctor ran an ultra-sound test run after urination that indicated I was voiding fine. After going to sleep at night I awaken, with discomfort needing to urinate, about every hour throughout the night. The pressure I feel is more in the groin area instead of the abdomen. I am taking 4mg of Detrol LA daily.
What, in your opinion, is going on and what course of action should I be taking?

Larry1041
Put a big pail near your bed to pee in. The groin pain is probably from the fluids that leaked way down from your 4 hour robotic surgery into your pelvc area. I found lots of oatmeal and soft frequent bowel movemets helped more than anything else. Dont eat large heavy meals for 6 weeks or so.  good luck!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.