prostate cancer
Hi my name is Ray ,I am a 64yr.old  who had prostate surgery in 2006 .
After surgery my count was 0.1 but this year for my yearly physical my PSA count was elevated to 0.2.I thought the lab made a mistake ,so I had it done over again at another lab .The results from that lab was 0.221.I would like some advice on what to do from here.
Thank you
How are you? For men 60 - 69 years of age, normal values for  PSA  level is less than 4.5 ng/mL. The normal value ranges may vary slightly among different laboratories. And it is recommended that  you talk to your doctor about the meaning of your specific test results. Factors such as age, race, medicines you are taking, medical history and results of physical examination and other tests are also important considerations. PSA test results cannot diagnose prostate cancer but may help in screening cancer. Take care and do keep us posted.