Prostate Cancer Community
psa rising

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

psa rising

i'm 62 and have had a radical prostate removal 4 years ago, since then my psa level has never gone to 0 and has risen to 2 then 3. so then we went and did the radiaton treatment 2 years ago and all seemed fine. psa going from 0.4 to gradualy rising to 1.6 in febuary this year. in june this year after the 4 month check it shot up to 7.8 and thinking it was an error had it redone at the hospital at checkup time 2 days later was 8.4. the doctors don't seem to worried about this but it's scareing me to death. should i seek a second opinion? i was involved in a small plane crash in march and i didn't get hurt or anything but there was a sudden stop and seat belt trama, could this cause a rise in psa level?