radiation seeds cancer is back
had seeds put in 8 years ago my psa have all been undetechable until the last one on 9/10/2010 and my doctor is gone till monday we are going to do another test tommorw will have results 9/16 /2010 mine jumped to 12.8 what are my choices.
Dear Butchb: I had prostate cancer in 2005.  I had proton radiation treatments at Loma Linda University Medical Center in Loma Linda California.. While I was there I met several men who had the seed implants and then had cancer again.  They were being treated with Proton Radiation.  Proton has a 90% cure rate and little to no side effects.  Its like I was never sick.  Had my PSA checked last week and it was .03.. thats point zero three... Personally I would not coinsider any of the other type treatments if you can have Proton treatments..  Reason being ... is a 90% cure rate and no side effects.. Its the best... in my opinion.. but lots of doctors still wont recommend it.. they werent trained to do it... and dont have the equipment .    and dont make money from it.. There are now about 6-7 places offering Proton  ... M. D Anderson in Houston started last year.  I think there is a hospital in Indiana that does Proton treatments... Also.. I had an ablation two months ago... laffin doin fine.. saw that in your profile.. If you would like more information on Proton treatments..just  send me a message... Ill be glad to share any of my experiences with it with you.. If you would like I can probably locate some guys who had seed implants and then had Proton treatments if youd like to talk to them... Former patients from Loma Linda stay in touch  via a club like organization... and share lots of info... some of its really good.. be glad to help any way I can..personally Id think you would be just fine if you could get some Proton Radiation treatments... Proton is different from conventional radiation..in my opinion .. its much better.  best of luck... Claytex