Aa
A
A
Close
rapid test question
Hello, I ordered a PSA rapid test online. I took the test, the results were pos i think for higher than normal PSA. I am 27 years old and have no symptoms of prostate problems. Just wondering if this test could mean my PSA is high but not above 4 ng/ml. The test is a strip that you add blood to and  the blood goes across the test strip where there is a C and T line.

This is what the website says about the results:

Positive (Elevated PSA value):

Two (2) pink/purple bands form, and the color of the test band is equal to or more intense than that of the control/reference band. This result indicates the presence of PSA in the specimen at a level equal to or greater than 4 ng/ml.

Negative (Normal PSA value):

One (1) pink/purple band forms in the control region; no band is found  in the test region, or the color of the test band is less intense than that of the control/reference band.  This result indicates the presence of PSA in the specimen at a level lower than 4 ng/ml.

My results had both lines BUT the T line was just dark at the edge and lighter for the rest of the line (Thick line) the C line was the same darkness at the edge like the T line BUT darker than the T line for the rest of the thick line. Not sure what this means. I am only 27 and have no symptoms

Please let me know your thoughts thanks
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Prostate Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank