Prostate Cancer Community
rapid test question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

rapid test question

Hello, I ordered a PSA rapid test online. I took the test, the results were pos i think for higher than normal PSA. I am 27 years old and have no symptoms of prostate problems. Just wondering if this test could mean my PSA is high but not above 4 ng/ml. The test is a strip that you add blood to and  the blood goes across the test strip where there is a C and T line.

This is what the website says about the results:

Positive (Elevated PSA value):

Two (2) pink/purple bands form, and the color of the test band is equal to or more intense than that of the control/reference band. This result indicates the presence of PSA in the specimen at a level equal to or greater than 4 ng/ml.

Negative (Normal PSA value):

One (1) pink/purple band forms in the control region; no band is found  in the test region, or the color of the test band is less intense than that of the control/reference band.  This result indicates the presence of PSA in the specimen at a level lower than 4 ng/ml.

My results had both lines BUT the T line was just dark at the edge and lighter for the rest of the line (Thick line) the C line was the same darkness at the edge like the T line BUT darker than the T line for the rest of the thick line. Not sure what this means. I am only 27 and have no symptoms

Please let me know your thoughts thanks