Prostate Cancer Community
re passing a clip
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

re passing a clip

Hi today had a big scare, my prostate cancer was luckily diagnosed by a PSA test after I told my gp I had experienced a very slight `sting` in my penis. Since removal on 14th may by DaVinci robotic surgery, everything has been far better than expected. Although oly part nerves were saved i can already get `semi` erection and hold for a while. Have been able to control continence since 3 weeks after op[ was dreading it to be months and months prior to op].
The scare today was terrific , almost unbearable pain in my penis [while sitting at computer] My first thought was `O Sh*t` its back, I went to bathroom to check myself and found something protruding from tip of penis, after carefully removing with tweezers, I got what seems to be  plastic clip. Noo Blood, no more pain and a very relieved guy. Just a tip to any guys reading this, all i havd was a very slight `sting` prior to dianoses, only on regular visit to GP who askerd of anything else I happened to mention it[ on another day I may not have bothered but had had sting that morning [onlky third time in 3-4 months]he organised a blood test and in doing so, i fel saved my like, so guys dont be coy / shy tell the doc the slightest feeling you get there . All the best everyone Mikey

This discussion is related to Surgical clip passed through penis post prostatectomy?.
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hey Mikey!

It’s great to hear a successful story such as yours and I would agree with the fact that even slightest symptoms should be clinical evaluated by a doctor particularly if one is at a higher risk. Prostate cancers are often developed late, tough usually of the low grade types. Early detection means early treatment and less side effects and hence regular DRE and PSA levels are advised.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Prostate Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank