Prostate Cancer Expert Forum
request guidence after Redical radical prostatectomy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions about: Advanced or Metastatic Prostate Cancer, Biopsy, Bone Scan, Blood in Urine or Semen, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), CT Scan, Cystoscopy, Erectile Dysfunction, Hormone Therapy, Incontinence, Pain (abdomen, low back or hip), PSA Test, Prostatitis , Radiation Therapy, Rectal Exam, Recurrent Cancer, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging (Tumor size; Metastasis), Surgery, Transrectal Ultrasound, Urinary Difficulty or Burning, Urinary Urgency (Leaking), Watchful Waiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

request guidence after Redical radical prostatectomy

Hi all,
i am new to this and very happy to read topic and suggestion on this forum.... really helpful...Many Thanks to all !!,
i have an issue related to my father, he is 68 and last year he was diagnoce with Prostate cancer and between different types treatment and recomendation we prefer sergery (surgery) (radical prostatectomy)
the tumer was 4.5CM and comlete remove of prostate gland as well little surrounding part also for precaution and possibilities doctors also did well without any issue !!! everything was in last sept 2009

end of first month after radical prostatectomy - PSA was  0.03
                         end of second month   -         PSA was  0.1
                        end of  Third month-               PSA was 0.3
                        end of  six  month-                PSA was 0.6
                         end of  9 month       -            PSA was 0.8
       ( 2 week ago) end of 12 month     -           PSA was 0.8

Now according to above report since last two report PSA is 0.8 which is steday which was previously increasing.
the question is if there is No prostate gland is in the body.technically it shoud be 0.00 but here it shows in report.

my question is why this PSA veriying ???
is this sign for any thing further treatment OR normal?? should we check something else ?? any suggestion .
what is acceptable range of PSA after radical prostatectomy ????

we consult doctors but no doctors have any Firm answers and everybody say few laboratory test as well wait and watch. !!!!

Regarding my father's diet he is PURE vegitarian( strict vegitarian) , NON somoker and NON drinker as well non junk food eater during his whole life !!!

here is read so many expert doctors suggestions and advices i would like to request you please help me to understand this issue and if any more data of report required i can give it also.
i will appriciate your experts help and suggestions !!!

Thanks
Neel