Prostate Cancer Community
sex before PSA test
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sex before PSA test

I know you're not supposed to ejaculate within 48 hours of having a PSA test. Now this is a very important question to me: Is it OK to have intercourse withOUT ejaculation? Because I did, and was planning to do it again tonight, until this started worrying me. Like I can't find enough to worry about since my diagnosis and before deciding on treatment. I'm wondering if intercourse would stir things up enough in the prostate to raise PSA even without ejaculation. If so, I already did that yesterday.

My last PSA, which was before my biopsy, was 8.8 - I'm afraid it's going to have gone up another 2 points in less than month like it did when it went from 6.7 in January to 8.8 in February. I followed the rule prior to the 8.8 result but not the 6.7, so I also wonder if it even really matters in my case. My point in getting another PSA (along with a testosterone count) is to establish a baseline against which to measure future treatment.

Help? Like, now?

(I clicked "post question" but nothing happened, so this may appear twice. If so, apologies for pushing the page. I didn't mean to.)