sudden onset of hamstring pain
diagnosed with prostate cancer recently.gleason3 + 3 and psa 4.8. 54 years old.for no reason,had severe pain in hamstring develop.also inside of thigh.my robotic surgery is not scheduled until march 1. is there significance of this new pain and my prostate cancer?
Dear Tom: I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2005.  I dont know about the new pain you have... but I do have a question. If your surgery is not until march did your doctor give you a lupron shot.. In my opinion he should have.  The lupron will not cure your cancer but it will stop it from progressing... the only side effect you would have from one or two lupron shots would be an occasional hot flash.. which will go away about 6 months after the shot.  Also, I had Proton Radiation treatments at Loma Linda University Medical Center in Loma Linda California.. If you have not checked out Proton, I would highly encourage you to do so...many doctors wont recommend it because they are not trained to administer it or do not have the equipment ... My numbers were almost identical to yours... psa was 4.5 and gleason of 3+3.  My psa is now .03.  I had no side effects during or after my proton treatments.. I was not sick or even felt bad one single day.  Its like Im cured and was never sick... Proton has approximately a 90 % cure rate and little to no side effects.. I am so glad I had it.. all of my "plumbing" works just like it did before the cancer.. like I said I have -0- side effects from my treatments.. If you would like more info on Proton, please feel free to send me a message...I will be glad to tell you more and tell you where you can find out more...I  can also put you in  touch with men in your area who have had the treatments.  Any one who has ever had Proton Radiation is as sold on it as I am.. Its not like conventional radiation.  90% of the treatment energy is delivered to the exact area being treated...therefore surrounding tissue and organs are not damaged by radiation and you have little to no side effects.. that is not the case with conventional radiation.. I know this doesnt answer your question, but any one who has had proton treatments just hates to see people have teatments that can cause side effects when there is such a good option available.. I wish you  the very best.. Claytex
Thank you.I am interested in Proton Radiation.Is this the procedure with the seeds? Or am I thinking about the other radiation?I was told if I had radiation therapy,I don't have many viable options if cancer spreads to other parts of the body.
I sent you a longer message.. check your med help inbox at the top of this page// claytex