Prostate Cancer Community
very concerned

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

very concerned

Would redness in the testicles and red penis patches as well as burning and pain in that area have anything to do with a prostate problem?

I am having difficulty peeing and getting an erection for the past 4 weeks in the sense that I can't use the muscle that squeezes the urine out anymore - I believe it is the same muscle that keeps your penis hard.

My penis (head) is bright red (no outbreaks or anything like that) and so are my testicles. My penis foreskin looks sick - with little red patches on it. This is continuously. When touched they feel cold even though they are red. I go to sleep with this and I have it when I wake up. I am using clotrimazole cream - no help.

I have a strange feeling of going to the bathroom, like something is there. I got a quick prostate check and was told that I don't have anything enlarged. But I sincerely feel that there is something strange going on in that area.

That has also caused my face to get red I believe. That is red all day - like I just got a little burned by the sun - but not warm at touch.

I also had a strange raised rash around my anus for about 2 days. It went away on the third

Can anyone help me with this please?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi.  It might be best to have yourself checked by a doctor, preferably an internist.  From your description of redness in the testicles and penis, as well as pain and burning sensation in the area, and difficulty in peeing, my guess is that you may be coming down with an infection in your genito-urinary tract.  The clotrimazole cream will not help if what you're having is a bacterial infection.  That cream only works for fungal infections.  Your problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with the prostate but with other areas of the genital tract (probably an inflammation/infection of your testicles or the epididymis).  So see a doctor as soon as possible, so you may receive the appropriate treatment. Good luck.

I did have an examination where I had to pee in a jug for 24 hours and then return it for analysis. This was during the pain. Would this show in a urine test or what kind of test would I need to do in order to know if it is a urinary tract infection.

Thank you.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi.  A simple urinalysis can show if you have a urinary tract infection or not. You don't really need a 24-hour urine collection for that, unless your doctor was testing for some other condition.
Well, the tests from the urine came fine and doctor told me that I did not have anything, however my testicles are very red for the past 5-6 weeks and also I have a few discolored spots on my penis opening (one) and also 2 white spots on the head of my penis. They can be seen a lot easier after I take a shower - after that - as my penis head gets red and irritated the spots fade away. Also this burning in my perineal area including my testicles and penis (pain with burning) made me think that maybe is some sort of infection in that area. I will see the urologist tomorrow and see what he says.

Thank you.