Prostate Cancer Expert Forum
zoladex injection

This forum is for questions about: Advanced or Metastatic Prostate Cancer, Biopsy, Bone Scan, Blood in Urine or Semen, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), CT Scan, Cystoscopy, Erectile Dysfunction, Hormone Therapy, Incontinence, Pain (abdomen, low back or hip), PSA Test, Prostatitis , Radiation Therapy, Rectal Exam, Recurrent Cancer, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging (Tumor size; Metastasis), Surgery, Transrectal Ultrasound, Urinary Difficulty or Burning, Urinary Urgency (Leaking), Watchful Waiting.

zoladex injection

The zoladex slow release implant was inserted incorrectly into the lower abdomen. The implant was put in straight down rather than under the skin where it was supposed to be put.
My question is as to whether it should be removed and replaced and where can I go to have this done?
From ZOLADEX insert.
ZOLADEX is supplied as a sterile, biodegradable product containing goserelin acetate
equivalent to 3.6 mg of goserelin.  ZOLADEX is designed for subcutaneous injection with
continuous release over a 28-day period.  Goserelin acetate is dispersed in a matrix of D,L-lactic
and glycolic acids copolymer (13.3-14.3 mg/dose) containing less than 2.5% acetic acid and up
to 12% goserelin-related substances and presented as a sterile, white to cream colored 1-mm
diameter cylinder, preloaded in a special single use syringe with a 16-gauge needle x 0.5 mm
needle and protective needle sleeve (SafeSystemâ„¢ Syringe) in a sealed, light and moisture
proof, aluminum foil laminate pouch containing a desiccant capsule.  Studies of the D,L-lactic
and glycolic acids copolymer have indicated that it is completely biodegradable and has no
demonstrable antigenic potential.  

So, basically. Zoladex is intended for subcutaneous injection. I suggest going to a urologist or his nurse to re-insert the zoladex to esnure that the medicine is being delivered subcutaneously.

1 Comment
A related discussion, What harmonal treatment work best to reduce psa levels was started.