Prostatitis Expert Forum
prostate bleeding
About This Forum:

Questions in the Prostatitis forum are answered by Dr. Arnon Krongrad.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

prostate bleeding

On occations I bleed from my penis.  Had MRI's to check me out and also cystoscopy but everything was negative and my uralogist could not explain the bleeding. The only thing that was left was the prostate. I have an enlarged prostate and had two sets of biopsies done, one with 10 samples and another with 12 samples. Both times the samples were negative for cancer. The first biopsies were taken when my PSA was around 5.  After a year the PSA went up to 7 and then I had the second set of biopsies which again were negative. After a year my PSA went up to 9.2 and my regular doctor first put me on CIPROFLOXACIN 500MG. After the dosage was finished my PSA went down to 6.1.  The MRI did show that I have couple of stones in my prostate. The question I have is what conditions would couse the prostate to bleed (not exsessively and only on occastions say every 8 months or so) and what should I do or should I be concerned about it.