Prostatitis Expert Forum
prostate bleeding

Questions in the Prostatitis forum are answered by Dr. Arnon Krongrad.

prostate bleeding
On occations I bleed from my penis.  Had MRI's to check me out and also cystoscopy but everything was negative and my uralogist could not explain the bleeding. The only thing that was left was the prostate. I have an enlarged prostate and had two sets of biopsies done, one with 10 samples and another with 12 samples. Both times the samples were negative for cancer. The first biopsies were taken when my PSA was around 5.  After a year the PSA went up to 7 and then I had the second set of biopsies which again were negative. After a year my PSA went up to 9.2 and my regular doctor first put me on CIPROFLOXACIN 500MG. After the dosage was finished my PSA went down to 6.1.  The MRI did show that I have couple of stones in my prostate. The question I have is what conditions would couse the prostate to bleed (not exsessively and only on occastions say every 8 months or so) and what should I do or should I be concerned about it.
occasionaly I will have a few spots of blood on my underware. Maybe once every two or three months. I have been diagnosed with chronic prostatitis. Also there are always trace amounts of blood in my urine samples. I have had a cystoscopy, IVP and DRE, all negative. I am 42 years old and my urologist wants another IVP this spring just to make sure. He feels the bleeding is from my prostate and is benign.
A related discussion, blood from penus was started.