558?1262941669
Psychopharmacology User Group
Celexa, shaking getting worse.
About This Group:

The function of this group is to discuss, in an objective, fact-based fashion, the therapeutic benefits, adverse effects, interactions and risks of psychopharmacological agents.

Founded by RCA759I on January 8, 2010
115 members

Celexa, shaking getting worse.

I have been on Celexa for about a year starting at 10mg and increasing to 20mg. I have a weird sensation that I am always shaking in my arms and legs, especially my joints or when I have to excerpt force, like pushing on something or lifting something heavy. Some mornings its already there and some its not but it gets worse as the day goes on. I can really tell when I am talking to someone, eye contact is hard, and I twitch in my neck. I do have Generalized Anxiety and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and was wondering if it is the Celexa and if Celexa is really the right medication for me? Thanks for your response(s).
1 Comment
The same thing happened to me while on Celexa. I have been prescribed more drugs than I can recount these past 10 years, but Celexa was one that did not agree with my body. I took it for anxiety and depression. I had the shakes and the weird eye contact symptom. I also became withdrawn, apathetic, and it changed my personality without a doubt. I made the stupid mistake of having half of a beer while on it. I spent the next 6 hrs in a bathtub, drifting in and out of consciousness. I got off the drug after that, and returned to my normal self. My friend has also been on Celexa for a year, and I'm trying to convince her that it has really changed her and that she is actually worse on it (she takes it for depression). If you get the feeling that a drug is not agreeing with your body chemistry, listen to it. Best of luck. Take care!
breezytoo commented on Jade59's status
Dec 24
breezytoo commented on ginger899's status
Dec 23
breezytoo Have yourself a Merry Littl... Comment
Dec 23