558?1262941669
Psychopharmacology User Group
LEXAPRO: WHAT IS THE HIGHEST TOLERABLE DAILY DOSE?
About This Group:

The function of this group is to discuss, in an objective, fact-based fashion, the therapeutic benefits, adverse effects, interactions and risks of psychopharmacological agents.

Founded by RCA759I on January 8, 2010
109 members

High-dose Lexapro seems to be helping me a little.  I have been at 40 mg/day for a couple weeks now.  I still have some residual symptoms, however.  I have read here and elsewhere of people taking 50 mg and even 60 mg/day.  I do not know how authentic these posts are, though.
Is it safe to take 50 or 60 mg/day Lexapro?  Is there anywhere on the Internet that discusses high-dose escitalopram?  I was speaking informally to a nurse practitioner and she was saying that at 60 mg, there may be problems with heart rhythm irregularities and symptoms of serotonin syndrome, such as hyperthermia.  She said she had heard of someone almost dying at this dose level once.
If anyone has any info on high-dose Lexparo, I'd love it if you would share.  Lexapro at high doses seems to be devoid (so far) of the side effects that have always given me big problems with other ADs at high doses, most notably sedation and sweating (diaphoresis).
THANKS
breezytoo commented on 12 Days
Apr 17
breezytoo commented on breezytoo's status
Apr 17
OaklyDokly commented on tardive dyskinesia
Apr 17