QUICK WEAN FROM PROZAC TO CYMBALTA
I POSTED THIS ON MARCH 19TH 2011 ON THE BI-POLAR BOARD & ONE REPLY. I FOUND THIS BOARD AND MY Pdoc IS ALSO LICENSED IN PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY SO I POSTED THIS HERE ALSO...

I am suffering from serious Depression. I can hardly move from my chair,I dont care to and dont have the energy anymore. I have a Bed sore from sitting up to 15 hrs + hrs a day. I can tell I am losing muscle strength ect. I am 43 with BP 2. ,ADD,PTSD.

My Pdoc wants me to stop Prozac 80 mgs in the Morning and then Start Cymbalta 60mgs 1 x a day..THIS IS TO HAPPEN OVER 2 DAYS. I didnt take the Prozac today (Sat) and I am told to start the Cymbalta this Monday ( in 2 days)

I have had withdrawal problems b4 with quick weaning off of Paxil and dont want to experience Seratonin syndrome ,end up in the ER ect.. I am also on ritalin,Lamicital,Abilify,attenalol and Synthroid....   Should I do this quick transition to cymbalta? My Dr said we dont have time to do it slow.. I feel he is having me do something Reckless. ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE HELPFUL.

I just now took my first cymbalta after being off of Prozac for the 2 days as directed... ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Paxiled commented on  Foods That Help Burn...
drifter0213 commented on tardive dyskinesia
Jun 20
Edspan commented on tardive dyskinesia
Jun 18