558?1262941669
Psychopharmacology User Group
QUICK WEAN FROM PROZAC TO CYMBALTA
About This Group:

The function of this group is to discuss, in an objective, fact-based fashion, the therapeutic benefits, adverse effects, interactions and risks of psychopharmacological agents.

Founded by RCA759I on January 8, 2010
116 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

QUICK WEAN FROM PROZAC TO CYMBALTA

I POSTED THIS ON MARCH 19TH 2011 ON THE BI-POLAR BOARD & ONE REPLY. I FOUND THIS BOARD AND MY Pdoc IS ALSO LICENSED IN PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY SO I POSTED THIS HERE ALSO...

I am suffering from serious Depression. I can hardly move from my chair,I dont care to and dont have the energy anymore. I have a Bed sore from sitting up to 15 hrs + hrs a day. I can tell I am losing muscle strength ect. I am 43 with BP 2. ,ADD,PTSD.

My Pdoc wants me to stop Prozac 80 mgs in the Morning and then Start Cymbalta 60mgs 1 x a day..THIS IS TO HAPPEN OVER 2 DAYS. I didnt take the Prozac today (Sat) and I am told to start the Cymbalta this Monday ( in 2 days)

I have had withdrawal problems b4 with quick weaning off of Paxil and dont want to experience Seratonin syndrome ,end up in the ER ect.. I am also on ritalin,Lamicital,Abilify,attenalol and Synthroid....   Should I do this quick transition to cymbalta? My Dr said we dont have time to do it slow.. I feel he is having me do something Reckless. ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE HELPFUL.

I just now took my first cymbalta after being off of Prozac for the 2 days as directed... ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.