558?1262941669
Psychopharmacology User Group
Remeron...I Really need advice/help
About This Group:

The function of this group is to discuss, in an objective, fact-based fashion, the therapeutic benefits, adverse effects, interactions and risks of psychopharmacological agents.

Founded by RCA759I on January 8, 2010
110 members

Remeron...I Really need advice/help

A brief summary...1 year ago, a psychiatrist needed to take me off the Ativan I was on for 5 years, because I started developing a serious intolerance to it.  I took .5mg for sleep for 5 years. Towards the end of the 5 years, I started having undiagnosed neurological disturbances. I never should of taken Ativan, but an urgent care doc gave it to me when I was having sleep trouble, and I slept so well, my doc just kept prescribing to me. I never at that time had any idea you could become dependant on it. my bad for not doing my research. Well the psychiatrist slowly tapered me off the Ativan, while immediately switching me to remeron at night , 15 mg., for sleep.
I don't have depression, anxiety, or any mood disorders.  A year later I have gained almost 40 lbs because of this medicine.  Everytime the doctor tried to take me off it bad things happen. First he tried cold turkey with a replacement of Trazadone at night for sleep. But, the trazadone gave me a rapid heart rate, and no sleep. Then he had me taper1/4 every 2 weeks. I couldn't even get past 3 days. I was a mess. very little sleep, shaky, and could barely put 1 foot in front of the other. had to go back on it. Now hes going to have a compounding pharmacy drop it 1 mg at a time, every 2 weeks. I havent started that yet. next week. I am so scared, the last few times it feels like your withdrawing from something like heroine or strong like that. What can I do? I have to get off this med. I am 10 months free and clear of Ativan, but this remeron is making me feel horrible when I try and stop. I must get off of it due to my weight. The doctor says I must be very sensitive.  Is it really this hard to discontinue Remeron? Can someone please give me some input on this. Thank you so much. I feel absolutely helpless with this problem
VICourageous commented on THE HEALING CRISIS IN...
Jun 30
Paxiled commented on Some Of The Foods You...
Jun 29
breezytoo commented on dominosarah's status
Jun 29