difficult respiration
I'm seeing a pain management doctor for chronic low back pain (6 years)  I get  3 epidural steroid injections a year. The doc gives me darvon 65 to take with ibuprofen to take along with the steroid inj. for the pain. He also gives me hydrocodone 7.5 with ibuprofen for flairups. I'm supposed to stay away from acetaminophen. I'm one year post interferon/ribavirin for hep-c.(still non-detectable) My problem is after I take the vicoprofen during a flair up, say 6 or 7 tablets in two days, after I stop taking them I have real diffucultly breathing. I feel like I have a heavy weight on my chest and when I lay down the wheezing is so loud that it honestly keeps me awake.Lots of tine I go to the chair an try to sleep setting upright. I feel like I just cant get enought oxygen. I've seen a pulmonary specialist and had a sleep study conducted. He gave me some steroid inhailers. I,ve tried bronco dialators. I've never had asthma, but from what i've read, I feel like a person who is having a really bad asthma attack. Any body have any 411? Thanx
Do you think this "attack" is related to stress or anxiety?  Many times those present like an asthma attack, but the cause may be stress or anxiety.  Sometimes, it's not so obvious that might be the cause until further investigating.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Sjmaki joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 12
shirl000 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 29
katrinika commented on You are a Believer
Aug 29