Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
BP 194/112 while doing a CPST

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

BP 194/112 while doing a CPST

Is it normal for a person's BP to shoot up to 194/112  5 minutes into a Cardiopulmonary Stress Test?

My normal BP is 90/65.  I am NOT on any BP meds.  They are looking for Pulmonary Hypertension because my recent echo showed 45 in the pulmonary arteries.

No history of heart disease - I do not smoke or drink - I am a 5'6" 150lb female.  My resting heart rate is now running in the high 90's I walk from room to room at it jumps to 113.  

I simple chest x-ray showed cardiomegaly so that is why the CPST was ordered.
1 Comment
I forgot to add I also have severely clubbed fingers and toes which started only 2 yrs ago.  My blood gases are 83 - a recent pulmonary said was normal and that everyone has clubbed fingers and low blood gases.