Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
More info re:desaturation index

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

More info re:desaturation index
I asked about a desaturation index of 17.1 on my sleep study previously. I have also found out that my saturation dropped to a low of 71 but I don't know for how long it stayed that low. My family doc said that was normal but she still sent it on to the pulmonologist  I am waiting to see due to an abnormal stress test( pulmonary pressure went from 40 to 60). Should I be concerned ?