Newly Diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension
Hello Dr.
I have just recently been diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension - during (and the results of) a heart catherization. My cardio doctor sent me to a pulmonologist who confirmed the diagnosis but also wants to see a chest xray and have a pulmonary function test done. Are there any other tests that he should do and what kind of questions should I have for him? If you can help in any way, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Pulmonary hypertension has many causes and comes in all shapes and sizes--some serious, others not serious at all.  Need to determine what type/cause of PH you have

Also, would seek out a pulmonary hypertension specialist if anyone tries to start "treating" you for this.  If you happen to have all the result from the heart cath I can try to help you further.

Good luck.

Dr. Rich
I will get the results of the heart cath and come back on here. I don't see the pulmonary specialist until the end of May and he is going to do a pulmonary function test. Thank you for answering so quickly.
I apparently have mild pulmonary hypertension, they aren't sure of the cause. I am having more tests done (perfusion test) and lab work to check for autoimmune diseases. Thank you for your help.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Cardiologists in your area?